OXBOW ESSENTIALS CHINCHILLA FOOD
$12.99 – $28.99
- Oxbow’s Essentials – Chinchilla Food is formulated to meet the specific nutritional needs of chinchillas of all ages. This complete and balanced chinchilla food contains Alfalfa hay to provide optimal energy and the fiber essential for healthy digestion. We then add wholesome ingredients and vital nutrients to meet the daily function and performance needs of all chinchillas.
- Uniform pellets prevent selective feeding
- Contains alfalfa to meet the energy needs of chinchillas of all ages
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals for optimum health
- Formulated with the guidance of top veterinarians and nutritionists
Seventy percent of your chinchilla’s diet should be grass hay. Oxbow offers a variety of hand-selected, high-fiber hays to enrich the life and health of your pet.
Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Hulls, Soybean Meal, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Oil, Salt, Lignin Sulfonate, Cane Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium Bentonite, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Yeast Culture, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate
- Crude Protein (min) 18.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 2.50%
- Crude Fiber (min) 18.00%
- Crude Fiber (max) 23.00%
- Moisture (max) 10.00%
- Calcium (min) 0.60%
- Calcium (max) 1.10%
- Phosphorus (min) 0.25%
- Vitamin A (min) 10,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D (min) 900 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg
Young Animals: Feed Essentials – Chinchilla Food free-choice to chinchillas younger than one year of age. Supplement daily with a combination of free-choice grass hay and alfalfa.
Adult Animals: Chinchillas older than one year of age should be fed 1/8 – 1/4 cup Essentials – Chinchilla Food and free-choice grass hay. Alfalfa hay should only be fed as an occasional treat.
Please note that these are guidelines. If your chinchilla is overweight or underweight, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information.
Transitioning to a New Food: Week 1, mix 3 parts of the current food with 1 part of new food. Week 2, mix 2 parts of the current food with 2 parts of new food. Week 3, mix 1 part current food with 3 parts of new food. Week four, feed Essentials – Chinchilla exclusively.